Woman mokti bahini in 1971 war of Bangladesh

In 1971, I was 22 years old. My husband and I lived in small village.  My husband was a farmer and I worked as a teacher in our village primary school.
 One day. Pakistani army took my husband to their camp. Razaker Bahini told them that my husband is a Mukti Jodhaa.  2days later I found my husband body in a grave yard along with other people. There did dead smell every where. It was no word to describe that what they have done to us. So I joined in mokti bahini.


War is no substitute for peace. But freedom fighters must protect the honor of their dear motherland at all costs. Since the colonial rulers unleashed a savage war and genocide on the unarmed innocent Bengalee civilians, the Freedom Fighters were left with no option but to fight for the freedom of Bangladesh. I cook food for them and supply ammo and bomb gun for them. I sometimes sing song for them to inspire fight against the Pakistani military.


One day I was supplying some ammo bomb and gun one village to another village. Suddenly we saw some Pakistani military with 2 Razaker passing the road. I was thinking what I should do. Suddenly one idea comes to mind that I put all ammo, bomb and gun put in ground and covered in white cloth and make it as dead man body. I also colored red that look like blood and I started to cry. When the Pakistani came the Pakistani solder said to Razakar why she is crying, the Razakar said that “This is the girl that we killed her husband” Don’t worry lets go.
Then I marked them.  Later I told my Mokti Bahini that, those Pakistani armies killed my husband and village people. So we attacked at night and arrested those Pakistani armies and punish Razakhar by hang.


After nine months struggle we won victory in the surrender of the Pakistani solders on the 16th December. We rebuild our primary school. And I teach my student about our history, that how we achieve our glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment