1971 war a teenager became freedom fighter

A teenager means we are young, we are free forever. But my teenage years were not that same because Pakistani army ruled and exploited the people of this country. And the independence war took in 1971.
I lived with my family in Nator Rajshahi.  My father was a school headmaster. In war Pakistani army occupied our school and take as their camp. Many of villagers leave and took shelter in India border. Those who couldn’t because some of are old or little child. One night Pakistani army raids our house and takes my father. My mother kneeled down to soldiers and begged them that don’t take him out of her sight. But they didn’t listen to us. In the morning one of our neighbor said Pakistani army killed my father along with other teacher in our school playground. When we arrived at the playground, I saw about 30 dead bodies all lined up for display to the public. Many of the dead bodies were beyond any recognition due to innumerable bullet holes on their faces. That was a gruesome sight. Many people started crying.After taking some breath my mother told me “Baba join in Mokti Baheni free our land from those enemies”. That night I went to mokti Baheni camp after finishing traning. We mokti Jodhaa go back to our village. Our commander communicate with Indian force that Indian army will give us artillery support. So on 4th October we fought Pakistani army face to face. Indian army firing loge range bombing on Pakistani army and we are firing with our machine gun. We did not give them any other route to retreat.  After 8 hours the Pakistani armies surrender to us. 


On 16th December the surrender ceremony was held at the historic Dacca racecourse. As Niazi signed the document and handed it over to Gen Aurora.  Gen Niazi took out his pistol removed the bullets and handed over the firearm to Gen Aurora. The ceremony was covered by several journalists and press persons from all across the world.

“With that he has handed over East Pakistan as free Bangladesh"

No comments:

Post a Comment