1971 war story of Barishal

In 1971 we lived a village in Barishal. It is called land of river. I was 16 years old and my brother was 21 years old we both are student .when the war was started, Pakistani army search for “ Mokti Bahini” if they catch any of them. They killed them and their body floating on river. Many father lost their child, some of them found in river some could not identify their sons.

My father told my brother and me “Go hide somewhere or Join Mokti Bahini. I don’t know what to say. Then I and my brother joined “Mokti Bahini “and trained came back in our village one month later. Just because it is a land of river Pakistani army patrol the river with heavy gun boat. So our Mokti Bahini commander prepared a plan that tomorrow night we will attack Pakistani gun boat. Our plan was, by separated three small groups and destroyeds Pakistani heavy gun boat by bomb. So my brother was a good swimmer, he was selected for set under water mine bomb.

That night was black moon night. It was too hard to see from one shore to another. We were moving our boat slowly not to disturb the sound because only way they could hear our presence by sound. When we come close to enemy boat my brother took 3 grenades with two Mukti Jodhaa swimming towards Pakistani gun boat. We move face to face our leader gives us sing for firing them with in second we were firing and make them distract from my brothers’ approach. Two minute passes and I am getting afraid that they might spot my brother position. I start fire more then suddenly Pakistani gun boat burst out on fire. We saw many Pakistani armies swimming for their life to shore. But when they reached shore, our leader and team killed them one by one.

In this way my brother and we “Mokti Baheni” fought many battle. After 9 months of suffering and bloodshed. But the freedom lovers ultimately achieve the ssuccess.

No comments:

Post a Comment