I was a student in 1971 war in Bangladesh

Up to 25th march 1971, Bangladesh was one of the two parts of Pakistan. This part was called East Pakistan and the other part was called West Pakistan. At that time I was a college student and my age was 18. I lived in Dhaka with my family. I had two good friends’ names Hasan and Arif. We would go to college, played and enjoyed together. There a good relationship among us. But it is a matter of sorrow that they are no more in the earth. They were killed by the Pakistani army in the 25th March, 1971. I had a cousin too. She often came to my house. her house was beside my house. I always enjoyed with her. She was a brilliant student of Dhaka university she always helped me in my studies.
1971 was the last time when I had visited my cousins’ house. In the 25th March, 1971 the Pakistani army moved out of dead of night and caught the people of Bangladesh unaware. Pakistani army became very much aggressive in that night. They killed a lot of people of our country. They burnt their houses and looted their wealth. Many people went away from their own houses and came to their native village we also came to our native village in khulna. Bangladesh was declared independent on the 26th of March 1971 at kalur ghat of chittagong by  Major ziaur rahaman on behalf of our great leader bango bandhu shekh muhibur rahaman we started the war of liberation. The struggle then came to end after nine months Bangladesh war we then went back to our won home. We saw many skeletons lying in the premises of our house. It is true to say that the skeletons were found not only in our home but also every where in Bangladesh. When I remember my cousin, drops of water come out from my two eyes. We don’t find her till today. We don not know that where she is? How is she? Is she alive? I will never forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment